How Chiropractic Care Can Help With Work Injuries
There are millions of non-fatal injuries occurring at work every year. Many of them are so serious that they can keep a person out of work for several weeks and even months. Chiropractic care can help relieve your pain if you have suffered from a work injury.
The Most Common Types of Work Injuries
No matter what type of job you have and whether you are required to sit at a desk in front of the computer all day, drive a truck, or move heavy stuff and equipment, a work injury can happen to everyone. Deitch Family Chiropractic & Wellness Center located in Princeton Junction, NJ has prepared the list of the most common work injuries:
- Repetitive motion injuries. This type of injury is caused by a certain repetitive action. This might include everything from chopping wood all day to typing on a computer for hours.
- Injuries due to falling objects. There are many people who get injured by falling objects. The most vulnerable parts of the body are the head, back, and neck.
- Injuries caused by falling. While some fallings are not serious, others can lead to serious injuries and even disability.
- Overexertion. This type of work injury is often caused by strain or stress put on the muscle, repetitive actions, and lifting heavy objects.
Symptoms Of A Work Injury
If your job is any way physical, you can interpret pain and discomfort as a normal reaction to hard physical work. However, there are certain delayed symptoms of work-related injuries that you should pay attention to:
- Back and Neck Pain
- Abdominal pain and swelling
- Forgetfulness and confusion
What Should You Do If You Have A Work Injury
The first and the most important thing you need to do is to consult a doctor in order to get medical attention. You should do it as soon as possible to receive the treatment you need. By leaving a work injury untreated, you are at risk of having more serious complications in the future.
One of the modern and most effective treatment options that helps people to recover from all types of injuries is chiropractic care. A chiropractor will use various drug-free techniques that will provide you pain relief and promote faster recovery. Compared to other treatments, chiropractic care is focused on treating the cause of the pain rather than the symptoms.
Schedule A Consultation With A Chiropractor in Princeton Junction, NJ
Do not let a work-related injury wreck both your health and budget. The sooner you start receiving proper treatment, the less likely you are to face complications and experience pain in the future. Call Deitch Family Chiropractic & Wellness Center to schedule the first consultation with one of our chiropractors who will help you to get on the track of recovery.