Knee pain is common among active individuals, athletes, and seniors whose knee joints degenerated from years of repetitive use. Deitch Family Chiropractic & Wellness Center has a variety of drug-free treatment options to alleviate the pain and help you get back on your feet. Our chiropractor, Dr. Mark Deitch, in Princeton Junction can perform chiropractic adjustments to restore the bones, joints, and tissue and improve joint mobility. Massage therapies and rehabilitative exercises can be included in your personalized chiropractic care plan to help stimulate healing as well as rebuild and strengthen the muscles.
The Knee Joint
The knee is made up of bones, joints, muscles, tendons, ligaments, cartilage, and bursae that make it strong, stable, and capable of supporting upper body weight. The main bones are the knee cap (patella), shinbone, and thighbone which are connected by joints and protected by the connective tissue. Together, they facilitate motions such as kneeling, walking, and stair climbing.
Common Causes of Knee Pain
Sports injuries such as a torn cartilage (meniscus tear), sprains, strains, or inflammation from overuse, being overweight, and the following other conditions are among the common reasons for pain.
- Ruptured ligament
- Knee tendonitis or runner's knee
- Iliotibial band syndrome
- Arthritis, gout, and bursitis
- Broken or dislocated knee cap or joint
Typical Pain Symptoms
It could be a sudden sharp unbearable pain or a dull ache that gradually develops inside, in front of, or around the knee cap. Swelling, tenderness, stiffness, joint deformity, limited mobility, a grinding sensation, or intense pain with activity may occur. The knee may buckle or give way due to instability or weakness.
Knee Pain Treatment by Our Chiropractor in Princeton Junction
To help you heal and recover fast, Dr. Deitch will tailor a treatment plan that integrates these non-invasive techniques and therapies designed to tackle the underlying cause of your symptoms.
- Chiropractic Knee Adjustment: Adjustment involves manipulating and mobilizing the bones, joints, and tissue to bring them back into alignment and stabilize the knee. This alone can provide significant pain relief, reduce swelling and inflammation, and increase range of motion.
- Massage Therapies: The injured or inflamed soft tissue can benefit from therapeutic massages aimed at relieving stiffness, increasing circulation, and accelerating healing.
- Corrective Exercises: Exercise therapy helps to make the knee stronger, more stable, and less prone to injury and infection.
You can also prevent inflammatory conditions and pain through a balanced diet and lifestyle adjustments that support health and wellness.
Our Chiropractor Can Help Make Your Pain Go Away!
Chiropractic care at Deitch Family Chiropractic & Wellness Center can provide lasting pain relief and lower the risk of surgery. Prior to treatment, Dr. Deitch may perform an X-ray, MRI, or CT scan of the knee to pinpoint the cause of the pain. Please call (609) 897-1200 to schedule an appointment at our Princeton Junction center.